Monday, October 10, 2005

 

Garbled rememberances of the lead up to Serenity.

Wow. The last 2 months have been...insane. Insane in a ridiculously good way, but insane nonetheless.

As I said in my last post, I was lucky enough to be interviewed by Bernard Zuel for the Sydney Morning Herald - and the article was released in the first weekend of September, as the cover article of the Spectrum magazine. Which, cool. I can't find the article archived at the SMH, but it was a great read, and I'm not just saying that because Mim and I were quoted!!

At an August prescreening of Serenity, complete with a message from Joss before the movie began, Mim and I were interviewed by James Valentine for Showtime Movie News. That was a blast - though Mim was ill and I was unaware that I was going to be interviewed until a couple of minutes beforehand! I caught the (really positive) story on Fox8, as have a few of my friends ("I saw you on telly, ZB - it was great. And then I saw you again. And again. And why do they have to show the damn thing over and over again?!")

Heh. I've used up a little bit more of my 15 minutes in the last 2 months...

Then Joss came to Australia. And my life will never be the same again.

I'm going to do a seperate post (with photos!) of the most amazing experience of my life, so I'll leap that and get to the Joss Whedon Q and A screening of Serenity, shall I? Which, yes, pretty much up there as ridiculously amazing also.

I had organised a "Thank You" book from Oz browncoats through the Serenity Oz site, and FireBug had organised a fabulous gift of a drizabone, and we also had clapping sticks and a boomerang organised by mimbles, and a plush koala with a Jayne hat ("The Marsupial called Jayne") from the Brisbane browncoats (go, nicoleh!). UIP kindly allowed two fans to present these gifts to Joss before he started the Q and A, and mimbles doubly kindly allowed me to take one of those places - FireBug taking the other.

Joss was very taken with the drizabone, and I hope he enjoyed the other gifts as well (including the many boxes of additional gifts brought by all the browncoats at the screening!) The Q and A was wonderful and funny and witty and thought provoking - as only Joss can be. I lined up and got an autograph, which I am yet to figure out what to do with. Apart from, you know, look at it and whimper.

Serenity opened on Thursday September 29, with overwhelmingly positive reviews - yay David Stratton for comparing seeing Serenity to seeing Star Wars for the first time in 1978! I went to a Gold Class screening of the movie on that Thursday with a bunch of other browncoats - kind of like our own little premiere! I've now seen it 7 times (including the test and preview screenings) and it just doesn't get old or boring. In fact, every time I see it there are new nuances, lines, pieces of direction, dialogue...Did I mention that it's a really good film and you all should see it? It's a really good film and you all should see it...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?